Ever wondered how it would be to wear your inner sun with you all the time? Luckily you actually can do this.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is the solar energy point in us, which “radiates the power in the world”. Being the symbol of personal power, will, mental abilities, this Plexus Chakra is the third chakra from a total of seven and a very important energy center.
Maybe some of you don’t know so much about the Solar Plexus Chakra, and what is the aim of this chakra in your life. Don’t worry, we got your back. This article is going to clear everything about this chakra.
“Manipura” in Sanskrit represents the way we stand in the world. So, start discovering the key characteristics of this chakra and also how to make the most of this energy center.
The Symbols For The Solar Plexus Chakra
First things first, so let’s see the symbolism of the Solar Plexus Chakra. Below, you can see which are the visual elements that describe this energy center:
- A circle containing ten petals;
- A downward-pointing triangle;
Let’s see a more detailed description so you can better visualize what I am trying to describe.
The ten petals of the Solar Plexus are often in the blue color. However, it is not the blue you might expect, but the blue color that we see in the flame. Then comes the inverted triangle, which has great symbolism. Its main top is the one that depicts the fire.
Actually, the explanations are that this fuel transmutes the matter we see into energy, which empowers us to move forward and travel on our own path.
Solar Plexus Chakra – Key Elements
It is important to start this trip by exploring the basics of Plexus Chakra. As such, we created some categories, from the color to the main symbol, in order to get to know all the key elements of this chakra.
Moving forward, let’s check out the behavioral functions of this energy center.
- Location: As the name suggests, this chakra is in the plexus area, meaning the upper part of the belly. It is the exact area where the diaphragm rests.
- Color: The representative color for the plexus chakra is yellow, but in case there are higher frequencies of this chakra, it can turn into a golden yellow.
- Symbol: the symbol of Plexus Chakra is that circle we’ve been talking about earlier, the one with 10 petals. Right in the middle of it, there is the triangle we’ve previously talked about.
- Original name in Sanskrit: Manipura.
- Element: Fire.
- Functions: The Solar Plexus is the type of energy center that combines the ego of a person with its self-identity. Imagine this energy center as the seed for self-belief, self-worth, or personal power.
A Good Balanced Solar Plexus Chakra
What does this mean? Well, having a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra means you can finally trust the inner you and the inner guide that leads you.
You don’t have doubts about it, either hesitation. Furthermore, the Solar Plexus Chakra helps you make decisions easier, without needing too much approval or validation from the others.
Speaking at larger scales, the Solar Plexus Chakra encourages you to follow all your goals and aspirations that you are willing to have in your life. Considering that the describing word in Manipura is “shining gem”, a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra allows lights and rays of sunshine into your life.
Behavioral Functions of Solar Plexus Chakra
To summarize all we have said above, it’s always important to see your self-mastery, or your own ability to play and control your thoughts and emotions. Never feel weakened by fear, but trust in the power of determination and courage.
Here is how the Plexus Chakra deals with these behavioral functions and where it actually works for your behavioral and psychological health:
- Improves intellectual abilities;
- Personal power;
- Works for you to fulfill your plans and ideas;
- Creates strong boundaries;
- Improves self-determination and self-reliance;
- Dedication on your path;
- Conveys wisdom, while reaching some higher levels;
- Empowers self-determination and self-reliance;
- Helps you follow your own path;
- Creates the ability to master your emotions, instincts, and thoughts;
- Improves trust and inner guidance.
The Stones Related to Plexus Chakra
Having the stones of Solar Plexus Chakra always with you is a good idea. By doing so you will attract positive energy in your daily life. So here is a list of chakra stones that are mostly capable of activating, balancing, and also cleanse using the power of solar plexus chakra.
- Amber – Yellow-orange – The crystal for cleansing and balancing, a good way to increase confidence and mental clarity.
- Lemon quartz – Yellow – A semi-precious crystal, also known as the stone for protection.
- Citrine – Pale Yellow – Also a semi-precious crystal – Consider this stone as the “success crystal”. Wear it if you want to attract balance and cleanse your body and soul.
- Yellow Jasper – Yellow – The stone of protection, as we like to call it, the Yellow Jasper is a good way to activate the solar plexus chakra.
- Yellow Tiger’s Eye – Golden Brown – Semi-precious – This beautiful crystal is a protective stone, perfect for cleansing, balancing, and grounding.
- Sun Stone – Yellow, Orange, Red color – If you feel like your body is unbalanced, or you need some happiness in your life, consider wearing a bracelet made of Sun Stone.
- Golden Heliodor – Golden Honey Yellow – Soothes the nervous system.
- Pyrite – Metallic Color – Wealth, prosperity and self-confidence.
Solar Plexus Chakra Stones – How to Use Them
Now that we know the main Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Stones, it’s time to discuss the ways of using them.
We recommend wearing these crystals in the proximity of the affected chakra. They are most effective once being close to the pain. As such, the most popular, yet effective approach is to wear the Solar Plexus Chakra Stones as jewelry, especially on your hands. There are so many beautiful crystals bracelets that you can wear daily.
Home Energetic Centers
One of the most common ways to enjoy the effects of these crystals is by placing them around the home, or your office, or any other personal space.
Before using these crystals it is important to learn how to do it and also to understand their healing properties. Otherwise, you might encounter problems with the vibrational frequencies.
This being said, make sure you really understand the chakra that needs to be healed and choose the stones accordingly.
Healing Properties of the Solar Plexus Chakra Crystals
Remember, an open, balanced Solar Plexus Chakra will enable you to feel more confident and also really empowered. However, once the Manipura Chakra falls out of balance, you will encounter some lethargy, sometimes aggressiveness.
Nevertheless, once you start using the Solar Plexus Chakra crystals, you will be able to fight against:
- Eating disorders;
- Respiratory issues;
- Lack of self-confidence;
- Digestive problems.
There are many other healing properties, but you also need to be careful with daily habits. A healthy diet is mandatory, as well as regular exercise. All these little habits will maintain the chakra all balanced and maintain the energy flowing.
Needless to say that our emotions guide our lives. Talking about energies, well, it is sure that our body can communicate with all the energies around. All these exterior impulses will relate directly to our chakras.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is a special one, as it has to deal with emotional blockages, overcoming the obstacles in our lives and also reaching the spiritual consciousness. Hope you have learned more about the Solar Plexus Chakra, the key elements, and general information about its main crystals.