If you face problems verbalizing your thoughts and feelings, you might be suffering from an unbalanced throat chakra.
The throat chakra or the fifth chakra comes from the Sanskrit word, Vishuddha. In Sanskrit, it means “pure” or “purification.” This chakra is closely associated with self-expression, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
The throat chakra is represented by the color blue and is connected to our emotional and mental well being, which, in turn, affects our physical health.
Because of its connection with communication skills and relationships, it is crucial to restoring the balance of the chakra. Otherwise, you’ll keep on suffering from unhealthy boundaries and connections.
Signs of An Imbalanced Throat Chakra
Even most people most knowledgeable about chakras can face blockages in their throat chakra from time to time. However, there are some typical symptoms, both mental and physical, that can warn you about realigning your throat chakra.
Mental or Emotional Signs
Your chakra can either be underactive or overactive for it to create trouble for you. Let’s take a look at the symptoms of both cases.
Signs That Your Chakra Is Underactive
- Inability to vocalize your feelings and your thoughts.
- You are suppressing your feelings because you feel no one will be able to understand you.
- You feel anxiety before giving a presentation or interviews.
- You are suddenly feeling shy and introverted in big crowds.
Signs That Your Chakra Is Overactive
- You’re speaking too quickly and stammering, resulting in you not being able to get your exact point across the table.
- You are unable to attentively and with compassion.
- You try to speak even when you are not required to do so.
If you are suffering from any of the above, it might be an excellent time to engage in some throat chakra healing practices for realignment.
Some people don’t realize that an unbalanced chakra can negatively affect their physical health as well. The throat chakra controls the neck, mouth, trachea, vocal cords, and esophagus.
The location of the chakra is also corresponding to the location of the thyroid glands, which means that any unbalance in this chakra can affect your metabolism. Some physical problems associated with the throat chakra are:
- A frequent or chronic sore throat.
- A painful neck
- Pain in the jaw and conditions like TMJ
- Fluctuations in the thyroid glands leading to problems related to your metabolism
Restore Balance To Your Throat Chakra For A More Confident Self
A blocked throat chakra can negatively impact your interpersonal relationships as well as your relationship with yourself. This is because you won’t be an active listener; neither would you be honest about your feelings.
The throat chakra is the link between your crown chakra and the heart chakra; if the link is broken, you might lose your self-worth.
However, these problems can be easily prevented and reverted by engaging in healing practices to restore balance. The most important healing practices are highlighted below.
Meditation with Chants
Meditation hails as your ultimate savior to connect with your inner state. Follow these steps for meditation that can help in activating your vishuddha chakra and alleviate the anxiety that comes with a blocked chakra.
- Sit in a relaxing position and entangle your fingers together, while your tips of both thumbs touch the other gently.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in slowly through your nose. Feel your lungs expanding.
- Then slowly exhale out while chanting along
- Keep repeating this chant and focus on your voice and enjoy it as it becomes more evident.
Apart from daily meditation, you should also take out time for yoga. A daily routine of yoga will help you connect with your inner self and find your lost voice.
Here are the yoga poses that are especially helpful with regards to healing the throat chakra
- Camel Pose
- Bridge Pose
- Plow Pose
For best results, we’d suggest practicing them in the morning. That way, your whole day would go better, and you’d exude the confidence you need.
Use Crystals And Stones
Using stones to balance your chakra is insanely popular. The throat chakra is associated with a blue color. A blue gemstone or crystal can help restore balance in the affected chakra due to its healing properties. Some crystals associated with the throat chakra are:
- Lapis Lazuli
There are various ways in which you can use crystals and stones to restore harmony to your creative energy center. Here are some of those ways:
- Surround your workspace with blue stones to let your creativity flow once your mind-fog is removed.
- You can meditate with the stone and visualize its celestial blue to give you a sense of calmness and evoke compassion for those around you.
- You can bathe in water that has been infused by the stone of your choice for an overall clean. A bath in water infused with turquoise stone will align all your chakras and let your energy flow freely.
- These blue stones can also be used in jewelry. Wear pretty necklaces with blue pendants that hang by your throat for free energy flow throughout the day.
- Use the stones in your Chakra bracelets and let your creative energy flow at all times. Moreover, having a bracelet on your hands at all times will serve as a constant reminder to remain grounded and objective.
Be warned, though. Not all stones can be turned into jewelry due to their composition. Azurite, for example, will turn black in the sun and wear off in the water.
Use Aromatherapy and Essential Oils
The throat chakra governs your throat, neck, and nasal passage. As a result, aromatherapy can work wonders in unblocking the chakra. Reinvigorate your vishuddha chakra as you take in the beautiful aroma of essential oils.
These will clear your chakra and steer you into the direction of confidence and creativity. These oils help you in coming to terms with your feelings and thoughts. Only when you come to terms with them and accept those thoughts will you be able to unlock your true leadership potential.
Some of the best oils for aromatherapy to unblock your throat chakra includes the following:
Balance Your Diet and Eat Healthily
If you want to heal holistically, you need to control your diet as well. It’s true what they say about eating; you are what you eat! It means that if you overeat junk too frequently, you’d probably end up being lousy and lazy, and that wouldn’t be good for your chakra.
So, to heal holistically, you need to balance your diet plan and include healthy food items in your diet.
Now, because of the throat chakra’s association with the color blue, eating anything in purple, indigo it blue color would benefit you. However, to help you out more, here’s a list of the food items you should include in your diet to unblock your chakra:
- Limes and Lemons
- Blueberries and Blackberries
- Purple Cabbage
Heal Your Throat Chakra For A Better Life
With the help of the practices highlighted above, you can unleash your true potential. You can become more assertive, be more confident, have better and more compassionate relationships once you regain your ability to express your feelings freely.
However, none of the changes will occur if you are not willing to heal yourself. That is why it’s important that you try to positively affirm yourself by looking in the mirror and saying good things about yourself because unless you don’t believe in your true potential, others won’t be able to see it either.