How many times have you faced crippling anxiety before and during a presentation? We’ve all been there. Many times, most of us face difficulty in communicating our side of the story. But do you know why that is?
It’s because this anxiety might be a result of a blockage in your throat chakra.
What Is The Throat Chakra?
It is also known as Vishuddha in Hindu tradition or otherwise as the fifth chakra.
Its balance will enable you to express yourself freely, be a good listener, and a speaker. It is also an emotional center. It is about conveying and communicating your feelings and your thoughts, which help you in determining your purpose in life.
On the other hand, an unbalanced chakra can lead to an emotional upheaval as it hinders your communication with yourself and with those around you.
Throat Chakra Position
It is positioned at the throat. The throat chakra governs the jaw, neck, mouth, and tongue regions. These organs are primarily responsible for your voice and effective communication. And so, an imbalance in the throat chakra will also lead to your emotional and creative abilities being compromised.
The throat chakra also corresponds with the location of your thyroid gland that is responsible for your metabolism.
Symbol and Color
This chakra is represented by a symbol that is composed of a circle with sixteen petals, and a crescent with a ring inside. It has connotations with the color blue.
Problems of An Unbalanced Throat Chakra
Since the throat chakra is the energy center for communication, its imbalance can cause emotional, physical, and mental ailments.
Mental or Emotional Symptoms of A Blocked Throat Chakra
- You may not be verbalizing your real and actual feelings. Instead, you will be more concerned about pleasing others, even if it means sacrificing your happiness and thoughts.
- Poor communication might lead to problems in your interpersonal relations.
- A crippling fear of being put into the limelight for a presentation leading to problems in the workspace, not being able to unleash your full potential.
- A sense of detachment from your loved ones due to your inability to express your feelings and because of difficulty in listening to them.
- What you say might be inconsistent with your actions, as your words will only be to please others while your efforts might be at odds with your speech. This will lead to you experiencing hostility.
To avoid these problems and to communicate effectively and freely, energy must flow uninterrupted along your chakra circle.
Physical Symptoms of A Blocked Throat Chakra
Since your throat chakra is situated at your thyroid glands and is also responsible for mouth, throat and neck, any imbalance in the energy circle will lead to adverse effects on the body.
- You might have a chronic itchy and sore throat leading to a loud voice and, thus, even more anxiety in public speaking.
- You might have a hyper/hypoactive thyroid, causing issues in metabolism. This might lead to a negative body image and, in turn, increase fear of social settings.
- You might have frequent neck pains, and your movement is affected.
- An unbalanced chakra can lead to pain in the jaw and hence make it painful for you to smile and express joyousness or any other expression. It can cause a negative self-image.
Aligning your chakras can lead you to live a more liberating and meaningful life. You can channel their energy in your life by using stones and crystals associated with chakras.
Throat Chakra Stones
Now that you know how a blocked throat chakra can affect your body, you’re surely wondering how to prevent them. For this purpose, chakra stones have been used for ages to bring balance in your energy centers and remove blockages.
Since the color celestial blue is associated with the throat chakra, blue crystals can help in reestablishing harmony to a disrupted chakra.
The following listed are highly popular and useful when it comes to using them for throat chakra.
- Aquamarine: It will help you express yourself freely.
- Blue Topaz: It will diffuse the anxiety and fear of communication and rejuvenate your creativity.
- Angelite: The stone will evoke compassionate communication with the people around you.
- Lapis Lazuli: It will release negative and repressed emotions.
- Blue Lace Agate: It will prevent the negative feelings of being judged when expressing your true feelings.
- Larimar: It will stimulate hard but necessary conversations with your most beloved people.
You need to read up more on throat chakra stones to truly understand their healing powers.
How To Re-balance Your Throat Chakra?
While using throat chakra stones and crystals will help you, you must remember that simply buying these stones and keeping them in a drawer will not prevent your throat chakra from blocking.
You need to wear these stones in person, surround yourself with them while meditating, visualize the peace of celestial blue in your yoga postures.
You can also bathe with them to indulge in their peaceful energy or sleep with them at your bedside for a rejuvenating sleep.
Here’s a list of some of the other useful practices you can adopt to heal your throat chakra.
Certain yoga poses can help in stimulating your thyroid glands and easing the chakra blockages. These include:
- Camel pose
- Bridge pose
These will not only reduce your physical symptoms but also calm you down and hence let you express yourself freely.
Balance Your Throat Chakra Through Chants
You can balance your chakra by meditating in the following way:
- Keep your hands by your stomach, fingers intricately tied together, and the tips of thumbs touching.
- You can keep your eye closed and visualize the color blue while chanting a long
It will restore balance to your throat chakra, and you will be able to express your desires and thoughts fully. You will also be able to communicate with yourself, recognize your wants and needs, and be a more authentic version of yourself.
Surround Yourself with Blue Art!
Indulge in color therapy by painting in the color of the throat chakra. However, art is not only in painting. Dress yourself up in blue for a gentle reminder throughout the day to express your feelings and not hold anything in.
If you enjoy making jewelry, make a beautiful necklace or bracelet with blue stones, and wear it to keep chakra energy flowing all day.
Did You Know?
If you think that you now know everything about throat chakra, here’s a list of things to surprise you! These are some interesting facts about the throat chakra that people rarely know:
- The vishuddha chakra is also associated with Divine love. It is from this energy circle that infinite love rises from.
- When people feel that they are filled with an inexplicable fondness for dedication, they are oozing within vishuddha.
- Vishuddha is used to describe “purity,” and that is why the color of the throat chakra is blue because the purity of blue is reflected in the purity of divine love.
If you are just diving into the world of Chakras, don’t expect to experience all the benefits of vishuddha or throat chakra healing immediately.
Your chakra might have been blocked for years, and you may need lots of resolution, conviction, and practice to eliminate the energy block.
However, once your throat chakra is unblocked, you will pave your way towards creativity. You will be able to experience the full joy of loving relationships. You might be able to solve age-old conflicts with your colleagues at the workplace.
If you successfully balance your throat chakra, you will be able to give voice to that fantastic idea brewing at the back of your mind and finally get that promotion at work.
Who knows, one day you might even achieve Divine love.
Also read: Learn Why Throat Chakra Healing Is Important For You